The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
Hoylake Holy Trinity is an inclusive school where we focus on the well-being and progress of every child and where all members of our community are of equal worth.
We believe that the Equality Act provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and underachievement of different groups.
Our approach to equality is based on the following key principles:
1. All learners are of equal value
2. We recognise and respect difference
3. We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging
4. We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development
5. We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist
6. We have the highest expectations of all our children
At Hoylake, we are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers, irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, religion or socio-economic background.
In order to further support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching, we have set the following objectives:
Objective 1: To ensure that all staff and governors have up to date training in Equality & Diversity
Objective 2: To ensure that the curriculum promotes and encourages a respect for difference, diversity and ways of living.
Objective 3: To ensure an ethos of respect for the protected characteristics as defined by law.
Objective 4: To raise awareness of bullying in all its forms.